2018 Event Crush Internship Program
Do you dream of planning weddings and events? Do you have a passion for service and love to make others smile? Are you a go-getter, hard worker, and enjoy a challenge? Do you work well under pressure and love to stay organized?
If so, then wedding and event planning just might be your calling, and our internship program could be the perfect first step for you!
We are accepting three interns for our spring/summer 2018 internship program. This part-time internship will run from March – October, 2018. This is an unpaid position, but Interns who are committed and highly successful in the program may have the opportunity to move in to a paid assistant position in the future (but there are no guarantees).
Read about all of the details, and apply below!
Are you the right fit?
We are looking for candidates who…
- Have a love (or obsession) for weddings and events, and are interested in pursuing a career in this field
- Are passionate about hospitality and serving others
- Are creative and driven
- Are reliable and dependent
- Have great attention to detail
- Enjoy problem solving and don’t shy away from a challenge
- Aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty
- Works well independently or in a team
- Bonus… is tech and social media savvy, and enjoys writing about weddings!
What will the internship entail?
Selected interns will have these opportunities:
- Shadow and assist on wedding and event days and rehearsals
- Behind the scenes access to how a wedding planning business is run
- Exposure to the wedding planning tools and workflow that planners use
- Shadow and assist at editorial photo shoots
- Occasionally attend client meetings, vendor meetings, and site visits
- Attend industry networking events and make connections
- Assist with blog posts and social media
- Monthly educational meetings
- College credit (if applicable)
Requirements for Candidates:
To be considered for the position, you must:
- Live within 30 minutes of the Eugene/Springfield area
- Have reliable transportation
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be available on weekends throughout the course of the internship
- Be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Be able to be on your feet for up to 8 hours
- Have a high school education or equivalent
Ready to Apply?
To be considered, please complete the online application below. We will review all applications, and you will hear from us by the end of February to set up an interview if you were selected as a top candidate.